Deborah A. Wilson
The Law Office of Deborah A. Wilson was established to provide legal services to individuals facing separation, divorce and family law issues. Ms. Wilson has practiced law in Northern Virginia for over 30 years and is dedicated to developing her clients into informed decision makers. Confidential consultations cater to the unique needs of each client. The initial consultation is designed to educate the client. Ms. Wilson puts you in control of your case, first by listening and then by working with you to design a unique solution to your issue that maximizes your options. She puts you, the client first.
Ms. Wilson offers the benefits of years of experience gained from a diverse background and is a member in good standing of several professional organizations.
- U.S District Court, Eastern District Virginia
- U.S District Court Appeal for 4th Circuit
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Georgetown University, J.D ( Phi Alpha Delta)
- Alabama State University, , B.S., (summa cum laude)
- Commissioner in Chancery, Fairfax County Circuit Court
- Attorney/Mentor George Mason University Law School, Clinic (2007-2008)
- Virginia State Bar Professionalism Faculty (2001-2004)
- Virginia State Bar Judicial Screening Committee (2000-2003)
- Virginia State Bar Disciplinary Board (served two terms)
- Committee on Lawyer Discipline formerly 5th District (Fairfax, Virginia) 1991-1994
- Appointed by Chief Justice of Virginia Supreme Court to participate in symposium examining results of experimental Family Court Project and viability of creating a specialized Family Court (November 1992)
- Guardian ad Litem (incapacited lawyers) Virginia State Bar
Associations & Memberships
- Virginia State Bar (Family Law Section)
- Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section (Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court Conciliator)
- AV Peer Rating Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Lawyers, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Virginia’s Top Rated Lawyers (2012)
- Women Leaders in the Law, features in Washington Post Magazine (2012)
- Women Leaders in the Law, features Fortune Magazine (2012)
Research and Publications
- “Defenses to Discrimination Actions Filed under the American with Disabilities Act, November 1991 Labor Law Journal (editorial assistance to the author)
- “Prosecutorial Misuse of Peremptory Challenges and the Sixth Amendment,” Howard University Law Journal, Vol. 29 Number 3 (1986)
- Soong (Mulich) v Soong, ___(VLW ___(March 3, 2003) (Interpretation of Contract–terms of contract “aspirational” and mother was allowed to relocate).
- Faine v Faine ___ Virginia Lawyers Weekly __ (Dec. 7, 1992) (Judgement set aside on procedural grounds-unpublished decision).
- Logan v Dept. of Human Dev., 13 VA App__, 409 SE 2d 460; 8 VLR 783 (1991) 1950 Code of Virginia, as amended Section 16.1-283, (case cited/referenced in earlier Family Law Seminars).